Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A fetching language

Buenos dias!

Como estas tu?
Yo estoy muy bien.

Como te llamas tu?
Yo me llamo LizKnits.

De donde eres tu?
Yo soy de Pomona.

Hasta luego!


That, my dear friends, is a recap of what I’ve learned in Spanish class thus far (ok, that’s a minimization… I’ve actually learned quite a bit more than that… but somehow my poor, feeble brain doesn’t seem to retain much of the vocabulary).

Yesterday just flew by! Work (yes I’m still doing some of that), a brief bit of knitting, and then Spanish class.

In my quality knitting time, I cast on Fetching.

Are you having déjà vu? No, you aren’t crazy. I did initially cast on in a green wool yarn. This weekend, though, I visited my LYS and purchased some Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran, the yarn called for by the pattern. It feels so much nicer than the wool. I’ve started the cable part of the glove and think this will be a relatively easy knit. We’ll see.

With little other exciting news, I’ll leave you with a quote:

The foolish and the dead alone never change their opinions. -James Russell Lowell, poet, editor, and diplomat (1819-1891)

No comments: