Tuesday, April 07, 2009

All about Aran ... done again!


You all knew I couldn't stop working on this didn't you?


Nope... I had to keep knitting more squares. Now with 9 squares done I have a respectable small lap blanket or baby blanket and I'm ready to take a break.


I love the textures of cables.


I think they look great in this natural colored yarn ... even if it is Lion Brand.


Baby Aran Afghan
All About Aran afghan by Janet Szabo (as featured on Knitty Gritty)
Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Natural Heather
(20% wool, 80% acrylic)
US 7 circulars
Cast on about September 4, 2006 (but of course the squares I knit way back then all got frogged)
Cast on for squares now actually in afghan about September 2008
Finished: March 15, 2009

Modifications: none other than to use only 9 squares and to pick my own assortment of square patterns (others are in the pattern and I did not use them)

Ravelry details here.

8 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Hey! There's nothin' the matter with Lion Brand! Your afghan looks spectacular! Congratulations!

Robin said...

It's beautiful!!! I bet you can just throw it in the washing machine too, as it is Lion Brand!

turtlegirl76 said...

The blanket looks so squooshy and cozy! Great job!

tiennie said...

I love this! This is such a fantastic project!

Hilary said...

It looks GREAT! I love the patterns you chose.

subliminalrabbit said...

wow; it is GORGEOUS! i'm so glad you decided to finish it up!

Octopus Knits said...

So cozy! I love all the different patterns. They do look wonderful in the neutral-toned yarn.

Lola and Ava said...

That turned out lovely! And I love Lion Brand's Fisherman's Wool. Glad you saved what you did.