Saturday, April 04, 2009

Bulky Cable Cardigan fini


This is my take on the Bulky Cable Cardigan.

I find that Stephanie Japel’s patterns don’t fit my body too well – they are always wide on my waist and narrow over my hips. For this sweater, I knit the pattern as written until the bottom of the body and sleeves. Instead of doing the ribbing (which would have drawn the sweater in too tightly for me at the hips), I just did a few more rows of plain garter stitch.

The sweater was still a bit large for me given my choice of yarn so I also left off the button bands. A pin to hold the cardi closed at the top is working just fine for me.



The sweater is bulky… buyer beware. It will keep me nice and toasty warm, but I do feel a bit like I have padding on. You can get a little sense of that from the pictures of the sleeves. Overall, I’m happy with the sweater though. After all, who doesn’t love a good cable?


And how 'bout one last photo so you can see the giant cables down the back?


Yep... it's been weeks since a post, but at least you got pretty pics this time!

Bulky Cable Cartigan by Stephanie Japel
Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick
in 178 Cilantro (lot 62446)
US 11 circulars
Cast on October 19, 2008
Finished: March 22, 2009

Ravelry details here.

9 comments:

Ellen Bloom said...

Wow! Those cables are HUGE! This style is very "au currant."

The sweater looks good on you and the color is great! Too bad it's getting warm in SoCal and you'll have to put it away until Fall. You might still get a chance to wear it in the evenings for a month or two.

Linda said...

That looks great on you, I love the giant cables!

2BSewing: said...

Your cardi is beautiful. Love the bold cables. Great color to wear. :)

turtlegirl76 said...

Great sweater! Those cables are ginormous! But it looks really cozy1

Hilary said...

Very cool! I love the color too.

tiennie said...

It's awesome! Great color!

amanda said...

very cute! I love the color you picked.

Anonymous said...

woww, pretty

Anonymous said...

great, i like this sweather!!!