Friday, April 10, 2009

Colibri Scarf


Yes, during all this non-blogging time, I have managed to do a bit of knitting. Earlier this week I cast off on a gift for a friend ... a scarf made from Katia Colibri, a thick 'n thin yarn (really it's thread with a bit of fluff in a few places). My friend was recently diagnosed with cancer and I thought a bit of a yarn hug was in order.

It's nice that with a simple garter stitch, you can still end up with something quite interesting ... all because of the yarn. I simply cast on three stitches and then knit every row. On every other row I increased a stitch on each end of the row to create the triangle shape. If I were to do it again, I might increase a bit more than this (maybe increase two rows and then knit one row without an increase) so that I would get more width across the top relative to the length from top to bottom of the point.

All in all though, a nice sweet project. I hope its recipient will enjoy it.




Colibri Scarf
(my own pattern -- see above)
1 ball Katia Colibri in a beige/gold color (color 7552A dye lot 09922)
(51% cotton, 45% acrylic, 4% polyamide)
US 13 circulars
Final size: 40” across the top; 34” from top to the bottom point of the triange when worn.
Cast on March 26, 2009
Finished: April 6, 2009

Ravelry details here.

6 comments:

Hilary said...

It's lovely! Simple and elegant.

Linda said...

Its lovely, a yarn hug for sure. I do like the aran blanket too.

garden genie said...

This is nice. I want one. Of course, I want one of everything you knit. Unless you are into knitting underwear.

tiennie said...

That is a really lovely gift!

Octopus Knits said...

It's beautiful :)

Kathleen said...

That is a lovely gift - she will really appreciate it from you.