Monday, March 09, 2009

Gemma Cabled Scarf (with pattern info)


Long time no chat friends! I've been busy in my absence, having both fun and doing work. And I know which of those two things you'll want to hear about -- the fun!

And the first fun thing ... I finished the pattern for the Gemma Cabled Scarf and taught my first knitting class!


The class was at the purlSide (in Glendora, CA), my new favorite LYS. Jayne, the owner, took photos and said she'd share those with me so I'll post those later if I get them.

Today, I'd like to share the pattern with you.



Since this was for a class, I wanted to design something not too complicated and something that could be done as a quicker project -- hence the shorter scarf secured by a pin. I knit mine up in Lion's Brand Wool-Ease but any worsted weight wool or wool blend yarn should work just fine.

This pattern looks very complicated so it gives you a lot of "WOW" for the work. It isn't simple, simple, but was successfully accomplished by the 12 women who took my class this week. The cables are basic, simple forms with lots of repeats so once you "get" how to do the cabling, the rest is simple.

I'll be teaching the same class again next Thursday (3/19) evening if anyone wants the taught version, otherwise the pattern is available as a free Ravelry download for everyone.



Gemma Cabled Scarf (link will open up a downloadable pdf)
<1 ball Lion Brand Wool Ease in Natural Heather
US 7 circulars
Cast on February 7, 2009
Finished a short time later .. February 12, 2009

Ravelry details here.

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Nice! It's a great length too. It really focuses the attention on the pattern.

Anonymous said...

The scarf is beautiful! I love that pin holding it together. :)

Hilary said...

It's great! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

amanda said...

Thanks for sharing the pattern - I really like the cables and how they climb up the scarf!

a friend to knit with said...

thank you so much! it is fantastic! and one ball of lion brand wool ease! doubly fantastic!