Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another year... more FOs

Knitting has become a pretty important part of my life. I realize that when I'm busy and stressed, I don't take time to knit and consequently I feel more stressed and crazy. When I make a little time every day to knit, we'll let's just say I stay a bit more centered.

Last year I resolved to take on the challenge of knitting socks and sweaters. I'm pleased to say that I accomplished both of those goals. In fact, looking back over my knitting this year, I'm pretty amazed by what I accomplished. This year really has helped me to feel much more competent at knitting. There are still lots of things for me to learn (steeks; how do you really fit a sweater to your dimensions?), but I don't feel intimidated by much at this point. I'm looking forward to another great year of knitting next year.

Here's a recap of projects finished over the past year.

February

One row scarf
Manos del Uruguay Handcrafted Kettle Dyed Pure Wool



Garter Rib Socks -- my first pair of socks ever!
Moda Dea Sassy Stripes



March

Picovoli -- my first sweater ever!
Frog Tree Pima Silk



April

Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl -- my first finished shawl!
Koigu KPM



Bold and Bulky Mini Cardi
Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick



May

Cropped Cardigan with leaf ties
Lion Brand Cotton Ease



June

Drop-Stitch Lace Tank
Cascade Pima Tencel



July

Bubby and improvised sweaters
just bits of Red Heart Soft Yarn



Retro Redux Shrug
just under 2 hanks of Malabrigo



Toe-up Socks with Peasant Heel
less than 2 balls of Cascade Fixation



August

Yankee Knitter Designs' Easy Bulky Sweater (Patterns #30)
3 balls of Steinbach Wolle Sport



Anthropology inspired capelet
3 skeins of Knit Picks Sierra/Cadena



September

Baby Bolero
2 skeins of Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton



October

FiFi
4 skeins of Rowan Calmer



Baby Bolero
2 skeins of Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton



Fingerless Gloves
a little over 1 skein of Alpaca with a Twist Highlander



November

Mini Mittens
from left over yarns



December

Neckwarmer
Lion Suede in Spice (less than 1 ball)



Shedir
less than 1 ball of Dark Horse Yarns Fantasy




Clapotis
5 balls of 100% alpaca from Village Farm Alpacas



Garter stitch scarf
2 balls of Bernat Max (100% acrylic)



I hope everyone else has had a wonderful knitty year as well!

No comments: