Thursday, July 02, 2009

Textured Shawl done

Yes... it may seem miraculous... but in the blog silence I have done a small, very small, amount of knitting. And here to prove it is my most recent finished object, the Textured Shawl.



Years ago, I purchased 2 skeins of super soft suri merino as a yarn souvenir during a trip to Philadelphia. A few weeks ago, it suddenly dawned on me that the textured shawl would be perfect for it … a pattern already in my favs on Ravelry and designed for this exact yarn.



The pattern is essentially a recipe and is easy, with great results.



And the shawl, super warm and soft.



I was excited that when I finished this girl up we had the trip to Crystal Cove State Park scheduled. It was the perfect place for a photo shoot and we had perfect weather for it. We took photos early in the morning when we still had the marine layer, nice and overcast and just cool enough, even though it was June.



Looking for a good way to use up some special wool? This one is a winner!

Textured Shawl recipe (free pattern on ravelry) by Orlane
US 9 circulars
Blue Sky Alpacas Suri Merino
Colorway: garden (an emerald green)
2 skeins (and I used every inch... ok, I literally had one inch of yarn left when I was done... I had to use the cast on tail to finish binding off!)
Cast on May 28, 2009
Finished June 18, 2009

Ravelry details here.

4 comments:

2BSewing: said...

Your shawl is beautiful! Great color. Thank you for providing the link/info on this great shawl...Susan

subliminalrabbit said...

beautiful!

Hilary said...

So pretty!! I just made one of these for a friend in fingering weight yarn, and think I need a heavier one for myself now...

tiennie said...

This is really beautiful!