Swallowtail is successfully developing!
I spent several hours yesterday with the project. I've learned to love my lifeline (what a security blanket!) and am starting to feel a bit more confident that I will be successful in knitting this shawl.
Here's another work in progress pic.
Again, I've pinned it out so the details are a little clearer. For those of you who haven't seen the pattern, the final shawl will be a triangle, but flipped from how it's pinned now. This is the only way it can be pinned while on the needles though. I think it's going to be great.
Before I started, I thought I might do the extra repeats discussed on the KAL. When I actually began I thought I'd be lucky to finish even the small shawl. Maybe I'm crazy, but now I'm thinking I might be able to do the larger size. Of course I'm only on the third repeat of the bud pattern. I have a long way to go before I have to make that decision.
Needing a bit more mindless knitting, I also finished up my first ball band dishcloth from Mason-Dixon knitting and cast on for a second. Doing this project after lace gives you great perspective on easy versus harder knitting!
Hope everyone else is enjoying their current projects!