Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Eureka!

Look what the postal person brought yesterday!



Yeahhhhh!

I was so excited I set the two loves up first thing this morning and wound my first ball of yarn!
As you know, I had been waiting for the swift and yarn winder so I could transform my hank of knitpick's laceweight alpaca into usable yarn. I plan to cast on the swallowtail shawl later today. I even signed up for the swallowtail KAL. I'm so excited!

Of course, using my new play-toys tools was almost as fun as starting the shawl. I was not the only one intrigued by the new additions to the home either.



Of course, the excitement lasted longer for some of us, as compared to others (just look at the face on that dog!).



I am pleased to report that at the end of the adventure, I had successfully created a lovely, ready-to-knit ball of yarn.



Another first ... and a success at that!

Let's hope my next first, knitting lace, will be as successful! I think I can handle the pattern. I did a trial run of the first few rows with some worsted weight wool just to make sure I understood the basics. So far so good. Wish me luck!

No comments: