Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Retro redux

With amazing speed, I present another finished object... the retro redux shrug from Lace Style.







This was definitely a quick and easy knit and my first shrug. I am very pleased with how this came out... not too small, plenty of length. I'm not sure I'm a huge shrug fan in general, but this is an item I think I'll be able to get plenty of wear out of.

Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style
just under 2 hanks of Malabrigo in 96 Sunset (kettle dyed pure merino wool)
US size 8, 9, 10, and 10 1/2 circulars
cast on June 28, 2007
finished July 10, 2007

Knitted for 38" cuff to cuff size. No modifications made, although I did block the body before I picked up the stiches to do the ribbed trim (I wanted to make sure the size would work before I continued knitting).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're just whipping them out right and left! That's pretty!

Monika said...

It's gorgeous! It fits you very well! I like the color also.

Adrienne said...

Very cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks even better in person, love that color!

Senora Fuerte said...

While you were working on this, did you look at it and think, "WOAH! This seems WAY too long!"? But then it turned out to be the right length?

...Please say yes, please say yes, please say yes...

I think I may have chosen the wrong size. Yours looks great!