Tuesday, September 11, 2007

FOs during a FiFi break

After all that croaking, I decided I needed to take a short break from FiFi this weekend. In a week, I'm going to be taking a trip and meeting a new soul... seemed like a good time to put a baby gift onto the needles... the Baby Bolero from One Skein.

Amazingly, everything comes out just like the schematic.



From that mess... comes this.



With a little more finishing work... voila... a finished Bolero.



This was a great break project, simple, quick, soft, lovely final project. This was the first time I had tried the organic cotton from Lion Brand. I have to say that it feels gooooooood. Very soft and fluffy. Knits up quite nicely. A bit of shedding at the finishing stage (when I was seaming) but otherwise it seems great.

Baby Bolero from One Skein: 30 Quick Projects to Knit and Crochet by Leigh Radford
2 skeins of Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton (100% organic cotton)
in Almond (Art 480, Color 098, Lot A6433)
US size 8 and 9 circulars
cast on September 7, 2007
finished September 11, 2007

Also now in the FO pile... S and I finished up the fence!



On Saturday we put up most of the boards and then S finished up the last of the work on Sunday morning before we went into Venice.



A little bit of trim work yesterday and today we have a great new fence. That S... the boy has got some skills!

No comments: