Sunday, February 18, 2007

The long black scarf

I'm pleased to report that S decided that his one row scarf did not need to be 8 foot long! I'm even more pleased to announce that it is now complete.



We made the decision to stop at about 6 foot knowing that it will probably stretch out a bit under its own weight with time. S was going to model for me but is a bit down and out with the flu. We decided that may not be the best time for a modeling stint.



One row scarf
from the Yarn Harlot
Manos del Uruguay Handcrafted Kettle Dyed Pure Wool
Black (Color 08) approximately 2 1/2 skeins
US size 7 (4.5 mm) metal needles
another version of this scarf started January 4, 2007
this version started about January 21, 2007
finished February 17, 2007

With this project down, I need to start plotting for my next project. My second sock is nearing completion and I'm not yet of the mindset to go back to swallowtail. Hmmmm... what will it be? I need a project to inspire me.

Speaking of inspiring... friends were so generous as to send great gifts cross country this week. Look at this little bit of fab.



It fits in perfectly with our craftsman style home and I L O V E it!

Other friends sent us the cutest card of their son too.



Babies... cuteness aren't they?

And my last little bit of beauty for today... on my morning walk today I saw a peacock. I know it sounds crazy, but someone in my neighborhood must have a peacock as a pet. It was out walking around on a front porch this morning. Amazing!

1 comment:

Winnie said...

Wooooohoooooo!!!! Congrats on finishing the scarf.