Sunday, October 14, 2007

Putting thoughts into action

In keeping with my last post, I'm happy to say that I am enjoying my knitting, my slow, thoughtful, knitting.



Don't the cute little stitch markers I made look nice on Elizabeth?

I also decided to go ahead and cast on the next baby gift I need to complete... my second Baby Bolero from One Skein.



I have two co-workers who will be having babies soon. The first in about two weeks, the second in about six weeks. My first bolero was very well received by its recipients so I thought I'd try it again. Lion's Brand Organic Cotton... very soft.

And finally, S and I made it to another movie... we are on a roll! This time it was The Jane Austin Book Club. Let me tell you this film is suprising full of knitting content! Bernadette (Kathy Baker's character) is knitting in at least half of her scenes. More importantly, Jocelyn (Maria Bello's character) wears some amazing sweaters and there are some great afghans in the film too. I tried to find a picture of the cream colored cable sweater that Jocelyn wears in one scene because I'd love to knit it... no luck so far. If anyone sees anything about it, I'd love a heads up.

Seeing beautiful knits is inspirational.

No comments: