Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sweater number 4

Having finished my cropped cardi, I've launched into my next project, the drop stitch lace tank from Fitted Knits.



I swatched a few nights ago and thought I was pretty close to gauge with SS. Last night I cast on for the front of the sweater and it didn't take long for me to realize that my gauge is way off in pattern. Everything looks ok from way up here in the first photo, but look closer.



I think those little drops would show just a little too much skin. Beyond that, the sweater would be about two sizes too big for me if I kept going. I'm going to try going down two needle sizes and see what impact that has.

I've always know I was a fairly tight knitter. Knitting SS in the round always gives me a tighter fabric than knitting SS flat though. My purls are just looser. Well in this pattern apparently I'm just loosey goosey all over the place. I'll be interested to see what happens with the smaller needles. Wish me luck!

No comments: