Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So what's a girl to do ...

... when surrounded by so much lovely fiber?

Well bring some of it home of course!

I'm actually very excited about the yarn that I acquired on my trip to Philadelphia. Not only was it quite fun to check out new stores, but what I found I either "needed" or I really, really "wanted".

Let's start with the want shall we?



Blue Sky Alpaca's Suri Merino (60% baby suri and 40% merino) acquired at Loop. Man is this yarn soft! I just love the rich color of this yarn, and have I mentioned how soft it is? This will definitely have to be some sort of stole, scarf, or shawl.

I would definitely fit this into the luxury yarn category (not the price of a new car, but not a bus ride either) and therefore my splurge was limited to two skeins: 328 yards total. I need to look around to come up with a good idea for this stuff. I definitely don't want to waste it!

And in the need category:



Cascade 128 purchased at Rosie's Yarn Cellar. Suprisingly I haven't been able to find this yarn in any other LYS and had been planning just to order some online eventually. When I saw enough in stock to make a cardigan, I scooped it up. I've had an eye on a Stephanie Japel pattern, the bulky cabled cardigan, that I think will work very well with this. The color brown is even richer in person than in the photo. I'm looking forward to this knit... should be quick given the chunky yarn.

In some ways I think it's very sad that new yarn makes me so happy. But you know what, I'm happy! Future hours of knitting joy to look forward to!

No comments: