Wednesday, November 07, 2007

She looks like a sweater

Elizabeth and I hit a milestone this weekend... the sleeves have been separated from the body.



A quick try on suggests that we're on track size wise, but of course you know I'll remain skeptical until it's done and I see it actually fits.

I am sooooo looking forward to the start of the cables on this sweater. I suppose that's the best part of doing this top down... the boring stockinette is all up top... the fun come next!

I'm using the called for yarn with this sweater which is a wool-angora blend. Now if I had realized it was angora before I bought it, I might not have put down the cash. I've never been much of a fan of the floating fur. I have to admit that the resulting fabric is quite soft and cozy, but the shedding is a bit crazy. Wish me luck as I approach the bottom half!

No comments: