Friday, September 28, 2007

Jumping off and on the needles

I have been working, really, working... including working on FiFi. Sometimes when you work it still doesn't feel like you have much to show for it.

Today, I finally feel like I have progress to show. Last night after hours of progress, I reached a try on stage.



(bad bathroom mirror self portrait... sorry).
Looking good, but not done... knit some more.

Around 10pm I reached the measurement I had calculated to be the final length for the bodice.
Isn't she pretty... all cast off?



Can we just keep looking at that photo? Maybe I could just frame her instead of wearing her?

Yep, another try on shows that I really still need a bit more length.



While I did reach the cropped length the pattern calls for I know I'll get much more wear out of this sweater if it's just a bit longer... I won't constantly be tugging it down. It will also make it much more of a work sweater. These denim pants are pretty high waisted so anything lower will still show a bit too much skin (and from the photo above you can see that I wouldn't want to torture anyone with that!).

The sweater itself is quite lovely and I do love the pattern. I just need to be a bit more patient, put in the extra time, and end up with a fabulous final project. So tonight, bodice back onto the needles.

I'm looking forward to the weekend... time to knit and spin.

1 comment:

meg said...

"Torture anyone"? You look great, and the sweater looks fantastic, too!