Monday, July 02, 2007

Knitting with the Gritty

Today was the showing of the Knitty Gritty episode, Rockin Regal Cuffs, I filmed back in December. That's me, second from the right.



The segment was with Tricia Waddell (below) who demonstrated a couple of the lace patterns from the newish book Lace Style (from which I am currently knitting the retro redux shrug).



Here's the most recent photo of my shrug.



We had a great time filming the episode and it's funny to see how they take almost 2 1/2 hours and distill it down to 18 minutes.



There are lots of funny faces that can be captured from video,



and S really likes this one because it proves that it was filmed for the DIY network (although it showed today on HGTV), and shows me talking about my project (it's the teaser for the final segment of the episode).



Here I am proudly chatting about the lace trim I put on the bottom of a skirt (this is the pattern from the edges of the long long lacy gloves in the book).



It was fun to see Etta and



Sarah again too.

It's funny to see a slice of time like that. Since December my knitting skills have certainly advanced. While lace was a challenge for me then, I don't feel intimidated by it at all now. Of course that doesn't mean that I've gone back to finish my swallowtail shawl yet (laugh). Maybe that will come off the UFO pile and back into rotation soon.

If you didn't see my original posts on Knitty Gritty, I chatted about the experience (and meeting both Cookie A. and the Harlot as they each taped their episodes) here and here.

3 comments:

*** hunzer *** said...

It was so fun to watch this episode and flashback to the taping (minus my man voice and awful profile view...gag). I am always enthralled by your knitting talent. I just can't seem to get the hang of it (but give me a crochet hook and I'm golden). I watched the Harlot's episode and have decided to attempt socks one more time...even bought some new dpns tonight. I will keep her episode on TiVo for those times I need a kick in the pants.

As always, your lace turned out awesome...and I had to laugh when Vicki said that my lace pattern was beautiful. It looked like something the cat puked up. ;)

ernie said...

Knitting with Gritty. Wow!
Love, Gran & Ern

Anonymous said...

I found that I had TIVO'd this show and watched it the other day. You're a celebrity!