Monday, April 23, 2007

Next up ... bulky mini cardi

After the rush of excitement finishing the forest canopy shawl, I felt a great need to cast on again (all this swatching has been quite unsatisfying).


Inspired by Fitted Knits, I joined the Fitted Knit Along and cast on for the bulky mini cardi. I can tell this is going to be a sweet knit... fast!

Looking at the past posts on the KAL, I've been very impressed with the projects people have completed.

I have lofty ambitions when it comes to the patterns. On the tip from Carrie, I ordered my yarn for the Elizabeth Bennett cabled cartigan. I'm also searching out the yarn for the textured tunic and think I've found a place in Maryland that may do the trick (funny I live in LA and can't find Lana Grossa locally!). Now that I've seen Shannon O.'s puff-sleeve cartigan and Adrienne's (modified) turtleneck tube neck I've also added those to my list (ok there are a few others on the list too but maybe I don't need to list every project in the book here).

So I'm off and running on my second sweater... very exciting!

1 comment:

garden genie said...

I will admit it has been a few days since I checked in. You look great in the shawl. What a chick. The garden is looking quite good. I love all the succulents. I will check in more often. I can not knit but I will send pictures of my latest sewing venture soon.