Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Aren't new skills fun?

Since my last post I've gone back to work officially (unlike the official "vacation" I was taking before). Work's been busy, but productive. The conference program is up and the class schedule for the summer and fall turned in. I even managed to fit in a bit of important stuff (research, writing)

In the evenings I've fit in a row or two on forest canopy. I even practiced a new skill... joining. I've never really worried about weaving in ends when I've joined a new ball of yarn into a project. With lace though? I thought it would be preferable to not weave-in mid shawl. Previously two ends.... now one continuous yarn.



What can't see the join (I'm so proud!)?



There it is, bottom left hand corner. Just a little bit of felting action where the ends met. Love it!

2 comments:

Knitting Bandit said...

Sweet! I gotta learn that.

Winnie said...

Cool! I haven't learned that skill yet. Can't even tell really.