Friday, March 30, 2007

Still deciding

... but at least I've ruled a few things out.

Last night I spent swatching...



[with a little helper there]

and swatching...



and swatching.

After all that try-and-frog I discovered that I don't have yarn that will work for any of the Loop-d-Loop patterns I talked about in the last post. Not only was I not getting gauge with the thick and quick, but I also don't have enough of the sage green (no your computer monitor is not broken, I was swatching with orange).

This morning I do feel better about my choices though... writing things does help. I recently read a book on the recommendation of Kate, Writing your dissertation in 15 minutes a day. While I give the book as a whole a B+, it does have some good take home messages. One of these is that you write to determine what you have to say (not that you figure out what you have to say and then write it down).

I found writing down my list of possible projects to be very informative for me. Helped me to sort things out, if you know what I mean.

As a result, I do think I've committed to trying the Forest Canopy Shawl. Scout mentioned it on her blog this morning too which I think is a sign it's a good choice.

As a second project, I think I'm going to do another sweater. This morning, on a lark, I purchased the pattern for the Somewhat Cowl from the Knit and Tonic blog. I know it wasn't on the list yesterday but it's where I'm leaning. The second runner up is the corrugated sweater.

In any case, I do have to visit the LYS before I can start any of these projects. I need needles for the shawl and yarn for the sweaters. I think perhaps that the decision of sweater may be made based on yarn availability. Should be fun!

The best thing about my listing? I realized that I can do everything on the list if I want to. All I have to do today is pick what's first. What a realization hmm? [grin]

No comments: