Sunday, March 11, 2007

Another weekend down...

Fewer weeds... more picovoli!



I don't know what I was thinking, but Saturday morning I had the lofty idea that I would finish this sweater by the end of the weekend. I thought, "I'll just wait to post and then I'll have some great photos." Guess I had a bit of heat crazy (did you know it was 90 degrees in S. Cal this weekend?).

I'm very pleased with how this sweater is working up. It's giving me great confidence that I can in fact knit a sweater. Funny... first I was a bit fearful of the sock... then I was a bit fearful of the sweater... now... I'm ready for all challenges. Well, ok, maybe I'm not quite ready to steek yet.



(Don't you love that waist shaping?)

It's been another busy weekend in the yard... cleaning and planning. We now are officially weed free! Yeah... only one small blister and a sore back to acheive that goal.

Now I'm ready to plant. Garden Genie has been giving me a needed prod... Ohio and she has plants. 90 degree California and we haven't started yet. Sad... sad indeed.

After scouting around today I've decided that I want to plant in raised beds. Haven't told S that yet though [grin]. I'll have to give him a couple of weeks to finish a big school project and then hopefully we can bring in some good dirt, raise the beds up a bit, and plant away.

I'm ready to be a small version of the urban gardener.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

How exciting! What progress :) Can't wait to see in person. And, congrats on your walking milage too! I've been down with the surgery, but I'll be back at it tomorrow!