Monday, January 21, 2008

Ask and you shall receive

Before the holidays I knit my mom a little gift. I was very pleased when Garden Genie -- S's mom -- saw the pic and asked for one for herself. I'm very happy when someone likes something I've made and wants one for themselves -- the best form of compliment.



I took me a little time to finish off other things and get to the task at hand, but I'm pleased to say that the neckwarmer is finished and will be winging its way through the mail to warm your neck during that 0 (yes that is zero) degree weather very soon!



I used Kim's basic pattern for the neckwarmer -- it's a winner for use with a bulky yarn I think. The fabric is quite interesting to look at and, importantly, it's nice and warm.

S and I also picked out a pretty cool button for the scarf. It's handmade of ironwood. Picked this up at Closeknit, one of the LYS in Riverside we visited over the holidays.

Hope this keeps you warm Jean... hand wash in cold water and lay it out flat to dry (and don't be afraid to stretch it back into shape after you wash it).

Neckwarmer by Kim
Lamb's Pride Bulky (85% wool, 15% mohair) (less than 1 ball)
Ruby Red, dyelot 086
started January 3, 2008
finished January 18, 2008
US 10.5 circulars

2 comments:

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

how nice of you! it's beautiful! I'm sure it will be put to good use :)

Octopus Knits said...

It's very pretty - I know she'll love it!