Saturday, August 04, 2007

Harry Potter fini

After a few days of engrossed reading, I am now done with the Deathly Hallows. I felt I had to rush through to make sure no one spoiled the ending for me. I'm glad to say that by avoiding television, radio, and blogs, I made it to the end none the wiser. I hope everyone else has equally good luck.

With all this time focused on reading, my knitting time has declined. I have, however, been making some progress on Josh's cable sweater.



Front and back are now done and I've picked up for the first sleeve. Can I again say how much I enjoy the sense of satisfaction that comes with knitting with bulky yarn?

I'm hoping to finish this up in the next few days so I can return to my capelet which has been languishing in a bag for weeks now. Of course, I've already started another book, the Omnivore's Dilemma, and am mezmerized by it as well. A very easy to read examination of food, how it's grown, and the implications. I'd recommend it to everyone.

1 comment:

The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I was able to get through it with no spoilers as well, but I was really really worried. I loved the ending!