Friday, June 29, 2007

So close (ok, not really close)

The last few days I've committed myself to working on my drop stitch tank. I really wanted to finish this sweater up by the end of the month. The fitted knits KAL has this as a "deadline" for the first wave of projects and the knitting lingerie style KAL starts July 1.

The very good news, the front in finished and I'm very pleased with how it's turned out.



The not so good news, the back, while started, isn't close to done. I have determined that I am a very, very slow knitter. [laugh] I knit for hours and then it seems that very little progress has been made. Oh well, this is where my zen side reminds me that we live for the moment, the moment of enjoying the knitting itself, not for the future project that will be complete. (Of course that other evil side really wants the sweater to be done!)

Last night, having realized that I probably won't make the end of the month goal I've set, I decided to cast on for another project: the retro redux shrug.



It's funny but, until I took the photo this morning, I didn't realize I had picked a similar colored yarn for this project as pictured in the book! I bought this malabrigo months ago as an impulse buy. I didn't have any idea what I'd use it for but loved the variations in the color and the richness of the color (it's called sunset).

A couple of weeks ago Margaux posted her finished shrug on her blog and it looked great! She used blue sky cotton and so I thought, I should go out and get some of that. Time passed and one day it occurred to me that perhaps this would be a project I could use the malabrigo for. I'm looking forward to seeing how this knits up. It will be a nice change to knit up worsted weight rather than the lighter weight yarns I've been using recently.

So weekend plans... knit, knit, knit. Who knows maybe the skies will open up, a miracle will occur and I will finish the tank by the end of the weekend. We'll see!

No comments: