Friday, November 03, 2006

Just call me the tortoise

Want to see something embarrassing?



Yep... that's three, not one, not two, but three, lifelines currently in my lace. I've developed such an aversion to frogs, I've gotten to the place where I mark every two completed rows. Shameful really [laugh].

And boy, oh boy, has my knitting been going slowly! Just call me the tortoise.

Slooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww as molasses. That’s me and laceweight alpaca.

The good news is that I’m finished with the 9th repeat of the bud pattern now. The other good news is that I actually knit 4 rows tonight and only had to frog ½ row. Progress, hmm? [laugh] At this rate it probably will be a new decade before I finish swallowtail.

I do feel good about what I’ve done. Now it’s a personal challenge to finish.

So I’ll just keep ploooooooddddding along … while all the rest of you bunny-fast knitsters zip on by.

One day though… one day… I will catch up!

No comments: