Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The week continues

It's hard to believe that the week is almost half over... time flies when you're busy and exhaused I suppose.

Things at work have finally toned down to simmer and my class met for the first time on Monday. I'm pleased to say that I managed to organize everything before class time and we are off to a good start!

The bad news is that my body is retaliating for all the stress I've given it over the past two weeks... yep... I've managed to come down with some kind of bug. Unfortunately it means I can't keep up the pace and get more work done; fortunately I'm not so sick that I have to stay in bed all day. Maybe if I promise to be better, get more rest, and stay out of the way of the train wrecks....

On the knitting front, I've caught a few moments here and there to get in some quality time with the sticks. My first pair of socks is coming along nicely. Here's the second sock, heel flap and heel turn completed. I've picked up stiches and am ready to start the gusset decreases. Yeah!



What... you're suspicious that this might just be my first sock, pawned off as the second. Fear not friends, I provide evidence of the pair!



I'm pretty pleased that I managed to get the color run on the two socks pretty similar. I stopped trying for the heel though and haven't decided if I'm going to try to find the start of the color run to make the foot match. Ok, who am I kidding. I'll try. I'm just not sure that it's going to work. Wish me luck though!

3 comments:

garden genie said...

I am sorry you are a little under the weather. How many classes are teaching this semester or quarter or unit?
I do miss the two of you. I love reading about all the things in your life including the socks.
S'Mom

Emma said...

They look identical on the part that matter. And non-matching matching socks keep things more interesting anyway!

Carol said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! Identicals are rare, so don't pressure yourself. Your socks look great!