Sunday, February 11, 2007

Art and good food

This weekend was the 100th 2nd Saturday Art Walk in the Pomona Arts Colony. S and I try to do the art crawl pretty regularly, but not every month.

Last night was a great event. All the galleries were open, including a number that aren't usually showing art. A number of bands were also playing on the streets. We managed to see lots of art and have a good meal close-by to boot. Good fun was had by all.

One of the highlights of the evening was seeing the art of Joseph Todorovitch. He lives downtown and opened up his space to display some of his work. You should take a look at some of the pictures at the gallery showing his paintings. S and I are very curious about the cost of his work, but since it shows in Laguna Beach, we assume it's probably out of our range. Too bad.. it's beautiful.

Other happy news, I've hit the half way point on my 100 miles by April 1st goal.




And finally, the gusset on my sock is coming along swimmingly! Yeah for the possibility of wearing my first pair of handknit socks soon.

1 comment:

Knitting Bandit said...

Runagogo halfway point! Congrats! I've been stuck at 42 miles for a week, I'll try to catch you!