Sunday, September 24, 2006

Can I be patient enough?

Morning everyone

Well last night I finished part 1 (of 16 or 9, depending on whether I can stick with it or not), the braid panel, of the aran afghan from Knitty Gritty.



Aran Afghan
Lion Brand Yarn Wool-Ease Worsted Weight, Natural Heather 98 (I was eager to start and couldn't find anything better locally in a color I liked)
US size 7 (4.5 mm) straight needles
started September 4, 2006
first square finished September 23, 2006

All and all, as my first attempt at cabling, I'm pretty pleased. (Not bad given that I consider myself a beginner still and the pattern says this is advanced). Not a quick project though (this square is 11"x11" and it took me more time than I'd like to acknowledge. Maybe this square takes more time because you cable so much? Wishful thinking, perhaps? I also knit on plastic needles. I'm starting to think that it might have been faster on metal ... a pointier point might have been nice.

It is a beautiful pattern. I suppose if I give up somewhere down the line I can at least frame it as art .

I'm going to work on my photo artistry... a goal for myself. I read blogs this morning and the photos at knitspot made me very envious.

It's Sunday... let's all knit today!

No comments: