Thursday, September 18, 2008

Scott's Sweater


Yeah... my first sweater for S is not only finished, but it fits! When we were in South Bend we did the fitting, discovered my strategy for sleeve length worked (yeah!), and all I had to do was weave in sleeve ends!

A few days later in Columbus, time to model the new sweater.


S wanted a basic, plain jane sweater and this one fit the bill quite nicely. I really like the ecological wool I used to knit this sweater. The color is a nice balance of greys (with bits of white). It was soft to knit with and I think will wash up even softer.


And you know what.... I'm so proud of S, he washed and blocked his sweater himself! I was going to do this for him before I left but we just didn't have time. So he sent me these pictures today.


The sweater got a good soak.

The burrito method of drying the sweater was followed (I'm sure including stepping on the burrito but I didn't confirm this... grin).


And then the sweater was laid out to dry. We're hoping he'll get another inch or two in the overall length of the sweater from the process. All things considered.... we have a winner!

Easy Bulky Sweater for the family #30 (ravelry link) by Melinda Goodfellow
(roll neck and sleeve, ribbed bottom; plain -- no cable)
3 skeins Cascade Ecological Wool
Grey
US 8 & US 10 circulars and dpns
Cast on April 1, 2008
Finished August 31, 2008

Modifications: none.

Details on Ravelry here.

13 comments:

meg said...

It looks great! Congratulations - that's a lot of stockinette to get through.

Hilary said...

Wonderful! And tell Scott he's got some good modeling skills! :)

turtlegirl76 said...

That's so awesome! It looks great on him! Well done!

Macoco said...

Whoah he washed and blocked his own sweater? That is fantastic. The sweater looks great on him and is a fantastic fit.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! It looks great!

Linda said...

That looks great. My husband doesn't want a handknitted sweater!

Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic! Eco Wool is great stuff...a whole man's sweater out of 3 skeins!

Now I just need to get on to finishing *my* husband's sweater.

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! You know he loves it (and you) if he went to the trouble of blocking it himself!

Anonymous said...

The sweater is terrific! He's doing a great job modeling it. I think the length looks pretty good and the color is really nice. Well done both of you!!

Lola and Ava said...

Wow . . . both the sweater and the fact that he blocked it! I can't wait to finish the Flyer's sweater so I can knit my own stuff again.

Robin said...

His sweater turned out great!! Hmm, I have three skeins of Ecological Wool in my stash - I could make a sweater for Jim from it. Did you get any "it's scratchy" complaints? That's my only worry.

a friend to knit with said...

i love that he helped with the sweater. :)

it looks fantastic. one that can be worn a lot!

amanda said...

this looks just great - well done! And bravo to the guy who blocks :)