Friday, December 15, 2006

Aran afghan progress

Greeting friends!

My time has flown. I don't know how it is that I haven't posted for several days, but here it is Friday and my last post was Monday.

Work has been busy with the end of the semester wrapping up, but a good busy. Tasks are getting done and I'm crossing things off my to do list.

I've had a little time to knit, but not lots. Last night I did finish another square for the aran afghan I saw on Knitty Gritty.



This is the Horseshoe Cable square.

Aran Afghan
Lion Brand Yarn Wool-Ease Worsted Weight, Natural Heather 98
US size 7 (4.5 mm) straight needles
square started October 9, 2006
square finished December 14, 2006
(there was a lot of letting this project sit in a bag between those dates)

So now there are a total of 3 of these bad boys done.



Each is about a foot square. Not exactly afghan sized yet hmm? [laugh]

The pattern calls for 16 squares to get to a lap size afghan. Not an instant gratification project but I noticed in picking this back up this week that my knitting skills are improving. This is becoming an easier and easier project. I love cables so I'll keep knitting away at it. Let's see, at 2 months per square, I should be done in just about 2 years!

Well there is always the option of framing them and using them as art.

No comments: