Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sharing the love


Recently, Emily from Not Another Knitblog decided to start a Friday Night Knit(blogging) Club... the idea -- share her copy of the book "The Friday Night Knitting Club."

The idea is simple, the club started with Emily's copy of the book. She drew my name from comments on her blog and passed the book along to me (along with a pretty fabulous bar of dark chocolate I'll mention). I inhaled the chocolate and the book... seriously, less than two days -- it's a good summer read. Now it's time for me to share the wealth.

Club rules, as started by Emily:
1) I will add my name, blog address, and a little note in the cover of Emily's copy of The Friday Night Knitting Club (along with Emily's);
2) You leave a comment on this post, maybe with a little story about your favourite “knitting club” or inspiring group of women;
3) I’ll randomly choose someone to mail the book to, so you can read it too;
4) When you’re done with the book, you’ll write a blog post similar to this one, offering the book up to the next “member” of The Friday Night Knit(Blog)ing Club, will write your own little note in the cover, and mail it on…

Sounds like a great idea hmm? If you're looking for a fun read, leave me a comment and I'll be happy to share the book with you. I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip to North Dakota (anyone know of any yarn stores near Bismark?!) so I'll pick a new "member" when I get back on the 29th of July.

And to leave you with proof that I do still knit, progress on my rotating garter rib sock!

No comments: