Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Knitting in Bethesda

So tomorrow I fly off to Bethesda, Maryland for a few days of conferencing.

I've made my knitting plans and am ready for uninterrupted hours of knitting time during flight.

So I have a question for you. I'd like to do a little yarn tourism. I've looked around online and it looks like the only store in Bethesda is Knit and Stitch = Bliss (which is only a short distance from my hotel). Any locals out there who could tell me if there are other stores in the general area (but out of Bethesda) that might be worth the cab fare to get to? I don't really want to pay and arm and a leg to get there, but don't want to miss any good stuff either.

Expect an update when I get back!

1 comment:

Macoco said...

I don't know of any shops in Bethesda - but how do you feel about hopping on the metro into DC?

Stitch DC has a few shops that are on the metro, http://www.stitchdc.com/

And Knit Happens is a really great shop - also on the Metro (10-15 minute walk) http://www.knithappens.net/